Life and War with Mikey Fatboy Delgado
Friday, December 09, 2016
 
a frozen moment when everyone sees what is on the end of every fork


Diary

Jonathan Lethem


I write out of disarray, from a field of compatriots in disarray. We’re drifting like astronauts,
distantly tethered by emails like the one I just got from a friend: ‘i feel like he is making
everyone sick, and bipolar./i feel like I am so incredibly ill-equipped to deal with any of
this./i’m taking blind advice from all comers without feeling like anything is remotely
adequate./ i feel nostalgic for all of life before Nov 8, 2016.’ Music helps and hurts. In a
college classroom I played Gil Scott-Heron’s ‘Winter in America’, stirring up my old
Nixon-era sense of abjection, and cried in front of my students.

The rest is here


---- 

Powered by Blogger